Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Situations

I know I have left this blog empty for two weeks again. I am truly sorry to anyone who's reading.
We have not bee able to make a hike the last couple of weeks. My dad was very sick when we went to Livingston a couple of weeks ago, so we had to cancel our plans to go to the Alvin C. York park while we were in the area. Nate and Logan had a little mini-hike at Standing Stone State Park while we were there, but I was busy with my dad and was not able to hike or to get any pictures.

My dad ended up in the hospital after we left that weekend and I spent much of last week on the phone with the hospital staff and family members. When Saturday rolled around I was so ready to go hiking and just get away from the stress that I had been dealing with all week. We got almost to where we were going when my mom called with car trouble and we had to turn back.
So in place of a hike last week we helped my mom with her car, came home and put the kid to bed, and I washed the car while Nate mowed the yard. Thrilling, no? Yeah..

Weather is not looking good for this weekend. Last I checked we are supposed to have high chances of rain and storms both Friday and Saturday. I feel my hiking project slipping away.

I will update here when we are able to get a hike in again. Might be this weekend, might be a week or two. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment